Whether you're looking for a one-of-a-kind engagement ring, a unique gift for a special occasion or want to treat yourself to something extraordinary our bespoke service allows you to work in partnership with Lauren, our founder, to create a piece of jewellery you will treasure for many years to come.
Please note: Every design illustrated and created/constructed for the client is and remains the © property of Ellie Air at all times. Our designs may not be reproduced in part or in full without the permission of Ellie Air.
Bespoke at Ellie Air
No matter where you are in the world, we believe the bespoke process should have you at its centre. Our bespoke process is set up to capture all the ideas, hopes and wishes you have for your unique piece of jewellery and ensure our partnership generates just what you're dreaming of. The bespoke process works as follows:
Complimentary Initial Consultation
- We offer a complimentary initial consultation with Lauren to discuss your ideas and any requirements you might have.
- This consultation can take the form of a phone or video call or an email conversation as you prefer.
- Please note we are unable to offer in-person studio appointments.
Design Fee, Technical Drawings and Iteration
- A £150 non-refundable design fee will be charged at the beginning of the full design and stone-sourcing stage. This fee will be used against the final price of your piece of jewellery.
- Upon receipt of the design fee Lauren will create an initial design sketch and share it with you digitally.
- At this stage we'll discuss, iterate together and make any final design decisions before moving forwards with the project.
Choosing Your Materials and Gemstone(s)
- As part of the design process we'll discuss and agree your preferred materials.
- Please note we cannot work with a customer's own stone(s) or gold/precious metals at this time.
- Should your designs require it, based on your ideas and design discussions, Lauren will hand-select a shortlist of beautiful diamonds and/or gemstones for your final piece.
- Sourcing the perfect stone(s) can take anything from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on availability/rarity, please consider this timeframe before beginning the bespoke process.
Final Confirmation Before Creation
- No work will commence on the creation of a bespoke piece of jewellery until an email of confirmation from you and a deposit of 50% are received.
- Your confirmation email, deposit and design fee indicate your intentions to 1) enter into an agreement with Ellie Air and 2) pay any remaining balance once the piece is complete.
- Please ensure you are entirely happy with the design before paying the 50% deposit.
- You may make up to 2 alterations to your design after the 50% deposit has been paid but please note that these will incur additional costs.
- If an order is cancelled before the piece is completed the 50% deposit is deemed non-refundable.
The Making Process
- Once a design and price have been confirmed, Lauren will begin making your unique bespoke creation by hand.
- Please allow a minimum of 10 weeks for your design to be produced.
- If you have any specific time restrictions or concerns (for example an intended proposal or wedding date), please communicate these as early as possible during the design stage.
- Any changes to our standard time frame will be communicated to the client at the first available opportunity.
- Any resizing required for the perfect fit, if requested within one month of receipt, is free of charge. Thereafter, all resizing will be priced at a fixed fee of £50.
Your Final Bespoke Jewellery Piece
- One of the most exciting parts of the entire bespoke process is seeing a beautiful piece completely finished for the first time.
- Together we'll organise and arrange packaging and delivery and soon you'll take possession of your own unique piece of Ellie Air jewellery.
- The total balance (including shipping) is payable before the item is dispatched or collected in person by the customer.
- A yearly service is advised for all pieces of jewellery, especially rings, that are worn daily. Annual services are charged at £50 inclusive of cleaning, re-plating, polishing and resizing if necessary.
- Any post-construction alterations to the original design can be taken on request and a cost will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- Once an item has been received by the customer it is no longer deemed the responsibility of Ellie Air.
- Ellie Air reserves the right to photograph a client’s finished jewellery piece when it is still in our possession, or request permission to send a piece to be photographed for marketing purposes at a later date.